TX2K Forums  

Go Back   TX2K Forums > TX2K Forum > TX2K14

Old 12-01-2013, 03:27 AM
This is MY town...

Default TX2K14 Drag Racing Information (Sat 3/15/14 and Sun 3/16/14)

***Saturday and Sunday March 15, 16, 2014 Drag Racing Information****
Saturday and Sunday March 15, 16, 2014 - Drag Racing Information

Just like last 3 years, the plan will be to have test-n-tune and 2 rounds of qualifying on Saturday. 4 years ago the test-n-tune got rained out and so I'm building in that same buffer for 2014. Best case we will have 2-days of drag racing, worst case, only 1 like in 2010. If by chance rain ruins one of the days, the schedule will change accordingly and will be posted at LMP.

Directions:
From the host hotel, go WEST on I-10, stay on I-10 WEST for approximately 40-45 miles. Exit Beckendorf Road (Exit 713) and follow signs to LMP

LONESTAR MOTORSPORTS PARK
120 Old Columbus Road South
Sealy, TX 77474
Phone: 979-877-0922

The track will open at 10:00 am on Saturday morning. The track will go hot at 11:00 am and drag racing will continue until 5:00 pm. The schedule on this day will consist of test-n-tune and 2 rounds of qualifying for the next day’s eliminations.

Cost: spectators will pay $20 to LMP on Saturday. Racers will be able to purchase a "2-day tech card" on Saturday (NON-REFUNDABLE if you break on Saturday) for $80 (in addition to the $20 cost to enter). If a racer only wants to run on Sunday, the tech cards will be the same price as last year, $45 (in addition to the $20 cost to enter).

Food: concessions will be open all day

Sunday Schedule: the gates will open at 8:00 am and the track will go hot at 9:00 am. From 9:00 am until 4:00 pm we will have 1 round of qualifying and eliminations. Schedule will be as follows:

10:00 am - qualifying pass 1 (test-n-tune after)
12:00 pm - eliminations round 1 (test-n-tune after)
1:30 pm - eliminations round 2 (test-n-tune after)
3:00 pm - eliminations round 3 (test-n-tune after)
4:00 pm - final round eliminations
There will be a dedicated lane for test-n-tune ALL DAY LONG.

DRAG RACING CLASSES

TEST-N-TUNE
The lanes will be open all day for test-n-tune. This is the perfect venue for you to settle your grudges or to simply have the opportunity to run an UNLIMITED number of times!

GTR Class 1
Stock turbo's, drag radials only (18" wheels and larger) and factory GR6 transmission casing (internal upgrades allowed)

GTR Class 2
Stock turbo housings, drag radials only (18" wheels and larger) and factory GR6 transmission casing (internal upgrades allowed)

GTR Class 3
No turbo restrictions, drag radials only (18" wheels and larger) and factory GR6 transmission casing (internal upgrades allowed)

GTR Class 4
UNLIMITED - in the spirit of things must be GTR body, not a solid rear, fiber glass body shell, etc....

Street Car Class
This class will be administered by a sponsor that is local to Houston named ARD. Thank you to Owen Priest and ARD for helping me put this class together. This class can and should include GTR's, Vettes, Porsche's, Vipers, Supra's, Camaro's, Mustang's, etc...any car is welcome to run in this class so long as the car meets the rules below:

The rules:
--carpet, stock dashboard and full interior from front seats forward (passenger seat may be removed)
--lightweight body panels allowed except roof, quarter panels and doors must remain factory (one piece front ends not permitted)
--inspection sticker required (in the state you live in), must be current
--radio that works is required (which means you need speakers too)
--stock suspension required (all suspension components must be located in the stock locations)
--no tire rule
--no fuel rule
--no power adder rule
--full exhaust required (cut-outs are ok), exhaust must exit in factory location

10.5 Index Class
This class is new to TX2K...we have never had an index class. Based on the success of this class at the FL2K event and based on the fact that many modern cars with simple bolt ons would fair well in this class, we are going to give it a shot. Any GTR with bolt ons, C6/C7 with bolt ons, Viper with bolt ons, etc....can run in this class. This class is brought to you all by Phastek Racing out of Houston, TX. They put on a street car event in Houston ever year and have also had lots of success with it.

The rules:

--Heads up
--10.50 break out
--any year vehicle permitted
--any type chassis permitted
--any type suspension permitted
--any power adders permitted
--all tires permitted

Stick Shift Challenge
Cost to enter this class is $100 payable to me. The winner will get 75% of the pot and the runner-up will get 25% of the pot (i.e. if there are 8 cars entered, the winner will get $600 and the runner-up will get $200). The only rules are that you must run an H pattern factory based transmission and have stock suspension (all suspension components must be located in the stock locations), no automatics allowed, any car make/model allowed

Any car can enter multiple classes so long as you meet the rules and pay for multiple tech cards. I am also entertaining the idea of doing an x275 vs. Import
Old 02-15-2014, 03:17 AM
come get some

Can someone please explain the cut-out/stock location exit rule. When I open my cutout it exits the front clip, and when I close the cutout it dumps near the rear of the car, but still not the "stock location." So do I need to cancel my plans for running the track event?

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-17-2014, 07:31 PM
TX2K CEO!

The way you explain it you are 100% ok.....you have full exhaust exiting the stock location but when you open the cut out it exits out the side. That is fine. If your only exhaust was exiting out the side then it would not fit but since your street exhaust exits out the back you good.

Peter
Old 03-05-2014, 05:33 AM
TX2K'r

Question

For GT-R Class 2 "stock turbo housing", what about those using non-OEM housing (Switzer E/P900, HKS GT800, etc) but still using stock frame sized turbos and housings? A bump up to Class 3 with unlimited turbo options stacks up <1000hp GT-Rs potentially against 1400hp+ GT-Rs if they decide to run DRs vice slicks.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:54 PM
TX2K CEO!

Stock frame turbo meaning stock exhaust manifold and turbine housing. This is how it has always been explained to me by everyone and is the general “gist” of the situation. The E/R/P900 uses the stock exhaust manifold and turbine housing. An Ultimate Street Edition or any of Switzer's other higher performance packages wouldn’t be a stock manifold but instead use their cast stainless manifolds, TiAL turbine housings, and their custom turbo cartridges.

Many run different compressor covers (cold side), them included, but re-work the stock manifold/turbine housing to run a different turbo cartridge all together, like a GT28 or GT30.

The HKS GT800 has its own manifold, housings, and turbos, so it is not a stock manifold/housing car. That would place you in class 3.

Peter